Saturday, September 01, 2007

Surprise, surprise!

I've been hearing about this new Dylan remix of "Most Likely You Go Your Way(And I'll Go Mine)" for a few months now. It's been included as a bonus track on yet another retrospective boxed set surprisingly titled..."Dylan". My original though was to cringe. But to my delight, the remix doesn't suck. In fact, it's pretty rad. The original recording had a funky New Orleans jazz club feel to it, but the new mix takes it straight out of the bar and in to the streets. With an everpresent wailing trumpet to its chunky and driving back line, this is pure swamp-ass music. Dylan's vocals are clean and up front. Mark Ronson, who had a big hand in Amy Winehouses "Back To Black", has done a tremendous job at creating something new from this 40 year old nugget. That ain't easy, folks. Bravo!

I also came across a new recording by the Flaming Lips called "I Was Zapped By The Lucky Super Rainbow" that's to be included on the soundtrack for some Dane Cook movie. It's quite catchy. I was totally taken back by its infectious upbeat feeling. Think 80's Cure. It'll only take about two bars into the song before you feel like you're on the dance floor at Numbers(circa 1985) with a head full of MDMA. This song makes me wanna dance like Molly Ringwald.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home