Friday, June 03, 2005

In The Studio

It's late and I'll make this brief. Just getting home after a recording and mixing sessions with my pal Eddie. We were working on another song for the aforementioned Tamalalia 10 cd project called "Tamarie, You Can Drive My Car". We took a demo I recorded a year or so ago on my home pc. We added some layered vocals ala 10cc's "I'm Not In Love", some harmonys to improve some vocals parts I wasn't satisfied with, some aditional guitar and mandolin, and humorous sound effects. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I'm amazed at Ed's ability to float from one music editing program to the next, while adding effects, compression, equalization, and many other things I have no idea about. It was really fun collaborating with someone who really knows what he's doing in the realm of music. We shot the shit and had a grand ole time sitting in his home studio doin' our thing. Long night, but lots of fun. I hope we can do it again soon. I'm not gonna post an mp3, so you'll just have to find it on Usenet, your favorite P2P program, or support IBP and buy it. I'll post a link where you can buy it as soon as it goes on sale(probably July '05). I told you I would be brief...


iPod Song of the day: The Girl Is Mine by Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney

p.s. Get your King Of Pop memorabilia now, 'cause MJ is goin' down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home